What is the difference between ReactJS and React Native
Hello, how are you all friends. I wish you all good health and success always. This time we will discuss the differences between the two libraries. Same name but different function.
Maybe you all think that ReactJS is a framework, but ReactJS is just a library for creating UI.
Advantages of ReactJS
- Creating Dynamic Web Applications Made Easier: To create custom dynamic web applications with HTML is complicated, which requires complex coding, but React JS solves that problem and makes it easier. It provides less coding and provides more functionality.
- Reusable Components: A ReactJS web application consists of several components, and each component has its own logic and controls. These components can be reused wherever you need them. Reusable code helps make your app easier to develop and maintain.
- Performance Improvement: ReactJS improves performance due to virtual DOM. The React Virtual DOM exists entirely in memory and is a representation of the web browser’s DOM. Therefore, when we write React components, we don’t write directly to the DOM. Instead, we write virtual components that react to turn into the DOM, leading to smoother and faster performance.
- Handy Tool Support: ReactJS supports a set of handy tools that make developer tasks understandable and easier. It also allows you to select specific components and check and edit their current Props and Status.
- Scope of Code Testing: React JS applications are very easy to test. It offers a scope where developers can test and debug their code with the help of native tools.
- Extensive Libraries and Extensive Communities: Libraries for React JS itself are abundant in NPM and have a large number of online community support around the world.
Disadvantages of ReactJS
- High development rate: High development rate has advantages and disadvantages. In the event of a loss, because the environment is constantly changing so rapidly, some developers find it uncomfortable to re-learn new ways of doing things on a regular basis. It might be difficult for them to adopt all these changes with all the continuous updates. They need to be constantly updated with their skills and learn new ways of doing things.
- Poor Documentation: This is another common shortcoming in technology that is constantly being updated. React technology updates and speeds up so quickly that there’s no time for proper documentation. To address this, developers write their own instructions by developing new releases and tools in their current projects.
- View Section: ReactJS covers only the UI Layer of the app and nothing else. So you still need to choose some other technology to get a complete set of tools for development in the project.
How is React Native different from other frameworks like Ionic?
React Native compiles the app into native Android and iOS code. While Ionic, will wrap the application in a browser.
Advantages of React Native
- Cross-Platform Use: It provides “Learn once write everywhere.” It works for Android platforms as well as iOS devices.
- Class Performance: Code written in React Native is compiled into native code, which allows it for both operating systems and works the same way on both platforms.
- Community: The large ReactJS and React Native community helps us find the answers we need.
- Hot Reload: Making some changes to your app’s code will be immediately visible during development. If the business logic is changed, the reflection is instantly reloaded on the screen.
- Improved Over Time: Some iOS and Android features are still not supported, and the community is always discovering best practices.
- Native Components: We need to write some platform specific code if we want to create native, undesigned functionality.
- Its Existence Is Uncertain: When Facebook developed this framework, its existence was uncertain as it retained all rights to terminate the project at any time. As the popularity of React Native increases, that’s unlikely to happen.
Disadvantage of React Native
- Debugging and compatibility: React Native can be called a young framework as it is only about 6 years old. Having said that, there are still quite a lot of issues with compatibility and difficulties in debugging that developers can find. This can be difficult for novice developers.
- Performance: Since React Native is used in developing apps for multiple operating systems that’s why the performance and yield of the app is quite low. This is different from applications developed by special programming languages according to the operating system.
- It Takes More Time to Initialize: React Native takes a lot of time to initialize the runtime even for high tech gadgets and devices.